OSX installation notes for YafaRay 0.1.1
The install has been changed completely, to match the new structure of YafaRay:
* Remove all old Python scripts before you install.
* All YafaRay-Python-files are installed now in /usr/local/share/yafaray/blender. ( all scripts and bindings, 10 files )
* YafaRay-libs are installed in: /usr/local/lib ( as before )
* YafaRay-xml is installed in: /usr/local/bin ( as before )
* QT-frameworks are installed in: /library/frameworks ( as before )
* After the installation there will be only a symlinked yafaray_ui.py left either in Scripts-Folder or in Blender.app-package-scripts, depending on where you chose to install it. This script now controls the whole Exporter-functionality. Don´t worry it shows only 0 byte to be installed, it is caused by being only a symbolic link.
* The installer searches for Blender in Applications/Blender, only if found there, the "Exporter->Blender"-install is shown. If you have Blender in another location or renamed it, please revert this or choose "Exporter->PythonScripts"-install. If a PythonScripts-folder is not present, it will be created by the installer.
* No need anymore to drag and drop anything.
* Just take your choice for exporter-location, thats all needed.
* Please read alos the instructions whereas installing.
* The renderparameter-overlay should now show: YafaRay 0.1.1 !!!
* In terminal: yafaray-xml -v should too show: YafaRay 0.1.1 !!!
* Install YafaRay-installer as usual. Used as an update, it only updates outdated components. You can skip QT if you already have QT 4.x or higher installed or want to hold another versión. QT-4.5.1 is bundled with the install, but all QT-versións 4.x should worque too.
* If you never used external scripts before, make sure to set the pythonscripts-path in blender-preferences.
* No further installs needed
* Make sure you use a Blender compiled with Python 2.5 (called "custom" at blender.org/downloads)
* Important: YafaRay is compiled against Python 2.5.1-Apple, the pre-installed one! Don't install any other Python-versión. This could breaque functionality.
* The tested configuration is using the preinstalled Python 2.5.1-Apple on OSX 10.5.x (resides in System/Library/Frameworks) and the Blender compiled with Python 2.5 "custom", too!
* Other combinations may not work.