Solicitante: Ubisoft Barcelona
Fecha de la solicitud: 03/03/16
Dirección de contacto: email@example.com
Ubicación: Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona (España)
Texto de la solicitud:
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 15 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Engine Programmer to be part of Ubisoft Development Team. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the engine programmer will be part of the Programming team of the coming AAA developed in Ubisoft Barcelona.
- Works autonomously on tasks assigned by the Lead Engine Programmer.
- Designs and implements solutions based on the different needs of the project.
- Develops algorithms, techniques and processes to expand the engine functionalities
- Supports different users on the operation of the engine and the editor.
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Writes portable code
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks tasks down into modules that can be implemented and tested.
- Is able to choose the most efficient algorithms and data structures for the task at hand (keeping constraints and performance in mind).
- Writes and maintains proper documentation for the programming team as well as other job families.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 3+ years as engine programmer
- Experience in Xbox One and PS4 is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of C++, C#, and solid understanding of meta programming techniques
- Strong knowledge in software engineering/architecture and design patterns.
- Understanding of streaming file systems, high-level graphics knowledge using Direct3D, DirectX 11 or OpenGL. Strong knowledge in 3D math.
- Experience in real time geometry: creation, manipulation, animation, rendering and optimization…
- Understanding of online and networking concepts a plus
- Experience with large engines and complex pipelines, profiling & optimization.
- Experience in working with game engines and game development interfaces (Unity3D, UDK…).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Passion for the making and playing of any type of games.
- Autonomous, self-motivated and proactive.
- Problem-solving and open mind.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Interest in Virtual Reality is a plus.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred, French is a plus
- Friendly and international work environment
- Eligible to Ubisoft’s bonus system
- Monthly restaurant tickets
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles
- Special rate for the fitness center that is just downstairs from our offices
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Paid Vacations, Holiday, Birthday and Sick time
- Team building activities
- Coffee and fresh fruits available all over the week and our traditional Friday’s breakfast
- Plus, the Studio is located close by and with easy access to Barcelona downtown, one of the most vibrant, exciting, culturally rich and sunniest cities of Europe
At Ubisoft Barcelona we value creativity, innovation, teamwork and your passion for videogames!
All candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred, CD is also an acceptable format. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.