Senior Level Designer – Gameplay Focus
Do you want to worque in a highly creative environment with talented people from all over the world? Are you eager to develop your skills working on AAA next-gen games like Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3? Then come to progressive, fun-loving Amsterdam and join the Streamline Studios team of leading edge designers.
Streamline Studios is an independent developer and leading provider of digital content service solutions for the interactive entertainment industry. Along with creating its own IP, Streamline develops and implements integrated solutions to common issues faced by game developers worldwide. Since its founding in 2001, Streamline Studios has become a leading content creator in the videogame industry with service solutions including Gears of War and Unreal Tournament from Epic Games, THQ’s Saint’s Row, James Bond 007: NightFire from Electronic Arts, and Red Storm Entertainment’s Ghost Recon 2.
We are always looking for top talent, including experienced Level Designers with a minimum of 3 years experience in the games industry who are ready to advance the art and craft of game world creation.
We are looking for people with the following skills:
• Strong understanding of game design principles
• Industry experience in game development with at least one shipped title and preferably múltiple titles
• Experience with game editing programs such as UnrealED and Hammer as well as 3D applications such 3DsMax or Maya
• Awareness of trends in game design (know what Spore, Flow, Façade and Katamari signify)
• Understanding of Artificial Intelligence in games (programming/scripting experience a bonus)
• Experience working with medía that employ interactive narrative
• Excellent English writing and verbal skills, as well as experience with MS Office programs and repository software
• Excellent commúnication and team skills
• Self-starter with the ability to contribute to a team environment
• A strong passion for playing and designing games
• Readiness to worque on the leading edge of game development where innovation occurs
In addition, you should possess at least three of the following skills/experience:
• Three years game industry experience
• A degree in architecture, design, or traditional arts or filmmaking
• Interaction design or user-centered design experience
• User interface design experience
• Degree in commúnication theory or a similar field
• Worque experience with film narratives or cinematography
• Software development experience and/or QA experience
• Strong understanding of architectural theory and architectural building styles (classical, modern, postmodern, contemporary, etc.)
• A keen eye for the decorative arts as well as lighting and color
Responsibilities include the following:
• Balancing art and gameplay
• Working on Streamline Studios’ internal next-gen production as well as third party developments
• Creating visually compelling levels, developing or testing next-gen assets in-game, working with game editors and 3D applications, developing game concepts, developing gameplay prototypes, and supporting ongoing game production with gameplay and art consultations, testing, and refining
So, if you are a highly motivated person with strong commúnication skills who enjoys working in a team, and you possess a proactive attitude towards improving design skills, production workflow, and project development, then go to our job section on our website and apply: Streamline Studios :: Jobs
For more information, please visit Streamline Studios :: Next-Generation Digital Content.