Empresa: Ubisoft Barcelona
Actividades: Desarrollo de videojuegos
Número de trabajadores: 45
Información acerca de la empresa:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2014-15 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,464 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Fecha de la oferta: 31/03/16
Dirección de contacto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ubicación: Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona (España)
Texto de la oferta:
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Technical Artist to be part of the Rainbow Six development Team and future projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Technical Artist will collaborate with the Studio Art Director and Lead Artist. The candidate will be responsible for research, innovation and giving technical support to team members to guide and assist them in the best practices possible to ensure highest technical quality of asset production.
- Put in place the graphic production pipeline
- Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the modeling team and the programming team.
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Document pipeline and tools development processes
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Provide constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members
- Supervise the graphics assets, integration and validation of graphic data in the engine
Desired skills and experience:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a Technical Artist role in the videogames industry
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Zbrush, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms and devices.
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain)
- Knowledge of Python, MEL, MAXScript an asset
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C# etc.) an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact with team members of different departments
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be creative, detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
-Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to take direction well
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred, French is a plus
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft builds worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
With over 30 locations worldwide, 94 nationalities and 55 spoken languages, Ubisoft teams are a creative force with a diverse range of specialties in development, business and operations. Through cross-studio collaboration and a forward-looking approach, they dream up new ideas, anticipate new technologies, and continually enhance their expertise.
From breathtaking gaming experiences to award winning marketing campaigns, Ubisoft creates engaging worlds that foster passionate communities.
Foro3d.com está hermanada con www.stratos-ad.com de ahí nace esta oferta de empleo...