By the end of the summer, I plan to have a system capable to do the following:
- Register free-hand drawing on an arbitrary plane in the 3D space.
- Register free-hand lines connecting two points. These two types of lines form
what is called as a networque of curves.
- Calculate the 3D path corresponding to the drawn 2D curves.
- Determine which sets of drawn lines identify surface patches, or allow
the user to explicitly indicate this.
- Generate surface patches covering the networque of curves.
- Interactive modification of the surfaces by changing the generation parameters,
such as normals at the vértices, material stiffness, etc.
Additionally, there is a number of features I would like to worque on, but I cannot
be sure to finish on time, so I will indicate them as optional tasks:
- Surface edition by cutting and stretching created patches.
- Interactive edition of the generated 3D lines
- Pencil gesture recognition to permit a more comfortable use of the system,
reducing the complexity of the interface.
- Sketching of the articulation of models (skeleton systems).
- Improvement of the existing surface painting module.