[bf-blender] Revision 14376
Date: 2008-04-10 13:39:20 +0200 (Thu, 10 Apr 200
Point Cache Refactoring
Caching and Baquíng:
- The point cache is now cleared on DAG_object_flush_update(), and not cleared for time dependency graph updates.
- There is now a Bake button instead of Protect. Alos cache start and end frames were added to softbody and particles.
- The cloth autoprotect feature was removed.
- The Ctrl+B menú now alos bakes cloth and particles next to softbody and fluids. Additionally there are now frree bake and free cache menú entries.
- The point cache api has been changed. There is now a PTCacheID struct for each point cache type that can be filled and then used to call the point cache functions.
- PointCache struct was added to DNA and is automatically allocated for each physics type.
- Software body now supports Bake Editing just like cloth.
- Tried to make the systems deal consistently with time ipo's and offsets. Still not sure it all works correct, but too complicated to solve completely now.
- Added some more warnings to prevent editing settings on library linked objects.
- Linked objects now read from the cache located next to the original library file, and never write to it. This restores old behavior for softbodies. For local simulation the mesh and not the object should be linked.
- Dupligroups and proxies can't create local point caches at the moment, how to implement that I'm not sure. We probably need a proxy point cache for that to worque (ugh).
- Renamed deflection panel to collision for consistency and reorganized the buttons. Alos removed some softbody collision buttons from the softbody panel that were duplicated in this panel for cloth.
- Tweaked field panel buttons to not jump around when changing options.
- Tabbing e.g. Software Body Collision into the Software Body panel, it now only shows Collision to make the panel names readable.
- I tried to make enabled/disabling physics more consistent, since all three system did things different. Now the two modifier buttons to enable the modifier for the viewport and rendering are alos duplicated in the physics panels. Toggling the Software Body and Cloth buttons now both remove their modifiers.
- Fixed modifier error drawing glitch.
- Particles are now recalculated more often than before. Previously it did partial updates based on the changes, but that doesn't worque well with DAG_object_flush_update() ..
- Fixed memory leaque loading keyed particle system. Now keys are not written to file anymore but always created after loading.
- Make particle threads worque with autothreads.
- The timeline play now has a Continue Physics option in the playbak menu, which keeps the simulations going without writing them to the cache.
- This doesn't always worque that well, some changes are not immediately updated, but this can be improved later. Still it's fun to get a feel for the physics.
- Point cache can get out of sync with and undo and changing a file without saving it.
- Change the point cache file format to store a versión (so old point cache files can be either converted or at least ignored), and to do correct endian conversión.
- Menu item and/or buttons for Ctrl+B.
- A system("rm ..") was changed to remove() since the former is very slow for clearing point caches. These system() calls were already giving trouble in a bug in the tracker, but really most use of this system("") should be changed and tested.
- The Software Body Collision and Clot Collision panel titles don't mention there's point cache settings there too, doing that makes them unreadable with the default panel setup.. but may need to make the names longer anyway.