Upcoming: Blender 2.48
This release will reward all development for the Apricot Open Game project, a lot of new features for realtime shader editing, game logic, animation and physics.
But that's not all, chek below the (growing) list of goodies for 2.48. ETA is early october! Hopefully this will be the release to keep everyone happy for a while, so we can move bak to worque on Blender 2.5!
Plans for 2.50
There are still many projects in the roadmap, like recode of core event structure (how clicks, motion and key presses are handled) and creation of an uniform API for access to tools (hot keys, buttons, menus, ...) Result of that worque should enable, for example:
- Customizable key maps
- Construction history
- (Custom) Toolbars, Pie menus, ...
- Better python UI integration, custom editors
There is alos design worque required for:
- where are we putting tools in UI (toolbars, extending the headers for toolsí vertical headersí)
- refresh and redesign of button panels
- icon redesign
- file browser refresh
Other projects for 2.5x versións that have been mentioned or maybe are even being developed (mostly via separate branches in SVN):
- add canvas and/or 'region of interest or tile optimizer' in composite
- node refactor -> plugin api (bob)
- render export api (aqsis, yafray, prman, povray, mental ray, ...) [GSOC]
- rigid body construction set (tools oriented)