Here's the summary of today's meeting!
1) Blender 2.62 release
- Windows binary: there's a build issue, the new OpenAL lib makes 3D sound fail.
Remedy: rebuild the release with original OpenAL. It will be updated on the download page with a short note then. Nathan, are you available?
- Nicholas Bishop fixed a ReMesh Modifier crash on OS X PPC (endian issue)
- Further all seems to be fine; if there's more showstoppers coming we can do an 'a' release, for now we can continue to 2.63 though.
2) Blender 2.63 plans
- BMesh can go in! Brecht gave it a blessing too.
(While I'm writing this, Campbell already prepares the merge. Hold tight!)
- Lukas Toenne: has new File Node ready for review!
- Reminder: Lukas' Node Group project is ready too, he proposes it for 2.63 inclusion:
- Brecht and Campbell propose to make 2.63 a regular 2 month release cycle, they expect it will need this time for maturing and stabilizing. That means we can have a month for including other new features too!
- BCon proposal:
BCon1: 15 february
BCon2: 4 march (= release targets are frozen)
BCon3: 18 march (= all feature mergers were done)
BCon4: 1 april (only bug fixes from now)
BCon5: 8 april (ready for release)
- Other 2.62 targets can be added in next 2 weeks, could be masking or other mango stuff too.
- Brecht: worque on Cycles during next months; mostly speedup, ramp shader and RGB curves nodes.
3_ Other projects
- Ton mentions he had a meeting with Jeroen Bakker, discussing new Compositor (2.64 target) and ideas for (green screen) keying editor in Blender.