this is the first round of the new and hopefully improved animation challenge.
EDITED: This challenge will end on the 28th of December at 18:00pm or later whenever I have a chance of actually closing this challenge.
The Tasque is:
Lift the sphere and have fun with it. You are free to do this anyway you want.
You may make it heavy or really light just make sure you let us feel the weight.
Your animation should be around 10 seconds but you can make it as long as you want. Keep in mind that you only have 4 weeks.
EDITED: We encourage you to post a WIP thread in the Worque In Progress Forum to get feedbak on your animation early on.
The base file
Unfortunatly the file was slightly too large for this forum so I had to zip it. In order to open the file rename it by removing the ".blend" and then unzip the zip file. (If your zip programm allows it you can unzip the file directly.)
To make it easier to participate and to improve participation we changed the rules slightly.
* All entries must be made with Blender.
* For starters we will provide a base file (Blender 2.4
with a rig and all nessecary properties.
* You may change the camera position and the direction of the light if it suites your animation. You may add more lights if you deem it nessecary for your animation but keep in mind this is a animation not a lighting challenge.
* You may animate the scene as you see fit this includes all assets.
* You may do as many shots as you need but keep in mind that every shot you add will mean more worque and will take longer to animate.
* You may not add textures or add new meshes. Rememebr this is an animation challenge and not a modelling, material, texture and lighting challenge.
* You may not change the rig (for now) to give everyone the same chance. Again this is an animation challenge and not a rigging challenge. We thinque Mancandy is well suited for most animation tasks and should give you enough controll for this challenge.
The challenge will last for four weeks followed by one weeque of voting. After that the winner will be announced. If there are no participants after four weeks the challenge will be closed and a new one will be created. If we have only one participant that participant will automatically win.
The winner gets to choose the new task. Should he refrain from providing a tasque or the tasque is not well suited for the animation challenge then we will provide a new task.
If he desires he may post a new base file for the animation or improve upon the provided one to suite the needs of the new task. Please send a copy of your compressed (activate File -> Compress File in Blender) base file to mailtolanger (@) googlemail (.) com.
Please keep in mind that all assets for this challenge should be freely available to all participants.
Unless otherwise stated everyhting is under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
Mancandy is available at http://freefactory.org/posts/mancandy-248-rc1
and is in the public domain.