While Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool is available for free* to download and use, it has the limitations outlined below.
* Non-Commercial End User License Agreement – Softimage Mod Tool can only be used for non-commercial games – the only exception to this is the Softimage Mod Tool Pro designed exclusively for Microsoft XNA Creator’s Club Premium members.
* Exported geometry is limited to 64,000 triangles per object.
* Cannot write .scn files.
* Uses .exp file format which cannot be opened in a commercial versión of Autodesk Softimage.
* Watermarque on render output.
* Watermarque on viewports.
* Watermarque on FXTree.
* Ultimapper/Rendermap image size limitation of 2048x2048 (no watermark).
* ICE compound export using XML only.
* No geometry shaders.
* Point cache – No PC2 or ICECache support.
* Cannot generate .mi files.
* No support for third 3rd party rendering engines.
* No software developer kit (SDK) support. Scripting within Softimage software only.
* No Batch capabilities.
* Cannot reference models.