Planned Features for Paint.NET v2.1
Some of this stuff is already implemented and to go! Please keep in mind that the planned features will frequently change thus this list is not all inclusive, in addition this list is by no means in order of importance.
* Lower memory usage
* Getting rid of the "flicker" when a selection is under a floating window!
* Magic Wand Tool
* Jpeg quality selector (with preview of image and size it will be when saved)
* Hex codes in the colors window
* Ability to resize image by specifying percentage
* Some big improvements to the underlying implementation of many tools
* Right-clik undo while drawing (Like original MS Paint)
* "New file" size based on image in clipboard (doesn't default to 800x600 or 600x800)
Paint.NET v2.1 is set to be released mid - end January. So stop by then to chek it out!