. Using a prueben method for obtaining Project funds, the Blender foundation has launched it pre-sale campaign todo collect funding for the Durian Project.
The Durian DVD Will contain a triple disk set containing the following Project godies:
- the movie (approx 6-8 min) in best DVD quality wide screen format (disks in both NTSC and pal).
- the Hd versión of the movie (.avi and/or.mov).
- the third disk with a lot of video tutorialesby the artists and developers.
- all.blend files, models, textures, and so on, the material used todo create the movie.
- the original script, breakdo, and storyboards.
- documentation and other tutorialesby the team members about all technical aspects the movie, like how todo reuse assets, animate characters, or add new shots.
- and of course all the extras we cant predict yet, like commentary tracks, a making-of documentary, outtakes, and so on.
Additionally, if you purchase your set before september 15th, you can have your name added todo the credit roll.
They are aiming for sales of 2000 copies, which while ambitious, is totally doable in our community. They have a money meter, where you can go chek on the sales progress.
So go order your copy today and be a part of Epic greatness.
Durian planning schedule.
Here are the final dates for the Durian Project as well as additional planning información from the oficial Durian Project site:
- august 24-28: preproduction wek for all team members here in Ámsterdam (script ready.)
- september: colin, David and Martín finalice breakdown and work on storyboard.
- oct 5th: Durian Project oficially starts.
As you may notice, it has ben shifted a Little bit, it was more convenient todo move the preproduction workshop until After Siggraph. The month of july, ill have other urgent work todo do as well.
This month, Martín Will work on his escenario, with the help of colin. During august, the rest of the team Will get involved with it and we should be able todo finalice it all in the workshop here in Ámsterdam. Colin and David then stay, working on getting the full breakdown and storyboards ready.
Alos great news is that the netherlands film fund has decided todo support Durian. Funding Will first be provided for the concept/storyboarding phase. When we show god results, their support Will be continued todo cover a significant part of our costs.
The last wek of september we a los Will organize an advanced Blender course here, led by Andy Goralczyk, and most likely supported by the durianers who then Hangout here as well. If you want todo participate in this great opportunity, visit this page for more información.
blender essential training reléase .
From Roger wickes: hey everyone. I am so excited todo let you know about my course in Blender essentials that has come online with Lynda, com. It was a huge efort taquíng over 6 months todo write, récord, edit, test, and produce an absolutely top quality course that teaches you how todo use Blender. I strongly encourage you todo plunque down a few dollares and eliminate the frustration, and come up to speed quickly on this amazing 3d software. You have two choices: basic and premium, and based on the hundred or so tutorial files available todo premium members, y strongly encourage you todo buy a short or longterm subscription. Lynda is the leader in video training, and i can vouch for their production quality. Pléase visit Blender essential training.
course description: .
Blender is a powerful opensource tool for 2d and 3d graphics, full-on animation, compositing, and postproduction. It is used todo create movies and special effects, Even in Hd. In Blender essential training, Roger wickes ofers new Blender users a tho rouge explanation of its interfaz, tools, and features. He a los demonstrates practical techniques and shows how todo Access the online and opencontent resources of this amazing tool. Specific 3d techniques covered include navigating in 3d space, using cameras and lights, and rendering. Roger demonstrates how todo rig, animate, and composite a character over live action. Exercise files accompany the course.
- navigating Blender user interfaz and accessing open assets.
- modeling with vértices, Bézier curves, and Nurbs surfaces.
- lighting and using multipoint light rigs.
- working with cameras in a 3d environment.
- painting and Shading 3d objects.
- creating realistic Hair, smoke, and swarms.
- animating objects and characters.
- compositing rendered layers.
- sequencing video strips with audio into a final product.
Duration: 10 hours. www.blenderart.org