Introduction. This is the scene we Will be looking at in this article at the momento this scene looks ok, (pretty reasonable actually), but it is still lacking quite a bit of detail, color, and life.
Here is a list of 3 problems i want todo fix todo make my image better:
1. I want it todo be easily recognized as a happy, cartoon style (but still realistic) floating Island with a house built on top of it. At the momento however, it looks like it could be a house that has ben dug up and thrown into the Air.
2. I want it todo look as if someone is currently living in it and has ben for a while. At the momento however, there are no signs that anyone is living in it.
3. I want it todo be able todo catch your eye. Of course at the momento it doesnt quite have enough in it todo make you estop and look at it.
Lets get started fixing up this image.
This is what the finished product Will look like. As you can se, there arent heaps of changes, but enough todo fix the problems listed above.
Im going todo take you th rouge the steps i used todo give you the finished product.
First of, why are we adding thisí.
Because it Will show us that this is a functioning house that has ben here for a while (which answers problem.
1). It tells us that: someone is currently living in this house, it adds some more color todo the scene and fills in a Little bit of the space above the house. It a los tells us that the chimney is being used and not just there for decoration, now we know why todo add this, why not learn how? (if you would prefer todo watch this tutorial as a video rather than reading it, you can click here)
It is very quik and easy todo make this smoke because we Will be using the cloud Generator add-on, as the name suggests, this Generator is normally used for making clouds but it a los works well for making smoke.
1. First, go todo the user preferencias window (file -> user preferencias) and then todo the add-ons panel. Using the search box, search for cloud and you should be able todo find the cloud Generator. Enable this add-on by checking the box next todo it. Y ou can now close the user preferencias window.
2. Next, add a Cube and in the toolbar, you should be able todo se ha panel called cloud Generator. Select your Cube and then press generate cloud
3. Ta-da. Y oure finished. It doesnt get much easier than that, they show us that this house has ben here for a while (this adds todo the fel we are going for). They a los add some more color and variation todo the scene, take a look at the original scene, it doesnt look quite right and it looks todo perfecto without it. The weds make the house look more realistic and soften the Edge around the base of the house, how? It is very easy todo make these, just add a plane, model it, texture it and a-da. Grass, of course i didnt tell you every Little step that goes into making this Grass but Andrew price from blenderguru, com has already made a tutorial on how todo do this. So make sure you chek it out, this is a bit of a diferent step todo the other ones and the reason im adding this step is because your scene is going todo be very diferent todo my scene so adding smoke and weds isnt always going todo provide the finishing touches you are After, it is always god todo ask for feedbak and suggestions for your artwork. I usually mensaje my images on Facebook and ask for suggestions there. So thats what i did with my image as i wasnt quite sure what else todo add at this point, y got some god suggestions which is where i got the Inspiration for some of the upcoming steps, why? The main reason i added these flowers was todo add some more variety and color todo the Grass which is currently quite plain, how? Add a cylinder and model this into a stem, then add a sphere todo go on top. Scale this sphere down along the z axis and then add a plane, model the plane into the shape of a petal, keping only 4 vértices, if the flower Will be close todo the Camera, add a Subsurf modifier. Then duplicate these petals and place them around the Edge of the sphere, why? These were a suggestion i got when i posted my image on Facebook so i thought id add them in and se how they loked. They worked quite well and did a god job at adding some color todo the scene that was not there before, they a los show you that someone lives in this house and is taquíng care of them how? The stems were made in the same bien as the previous flowers, but the flower part is just a sphere scaled up along the z axis with a Little bit of modeling. The por was a circle extruded up with a Little modeling and then another circle near the top for the Soil, why? This was a los a suggestion i got from Facebook. I like the bicicleta because it fills in the space on the side of the house, and adds more red todo the scene which there is not very much of at the momento (except for the rof of course). Without it, there would be todo much green near the bottom of the house which doesnt look todo god, how? I just googled bicicleta and found a royalty free picture of a bicicleta and added it into Blender as a background image, then i modeled the bicicleta using mostly cilindros, and finally added red and black materiales todo finish it of, yep, y dont really want todo add anything else. I could add a few more props but i dont want there todo be so much in the scene that it becomes distracting from what the image is supposed todo be.